The Old Rectory Country House Bed and Breakfast Dorset
Home Page House Bedrooms Rates Location
About the House
The Old Rectory was built in 1850 from Caen stone and was used by the church until the mid 1970s when Queen Elizabeth signed the deeds allowing the house to be sold by the church commissioners. The pretty church of St Michael’s next door is worth a visit. There is a 350 year old yew tree in the garden where where we are visited by badgers, foxes, squirrels, very noisy rooks, a barn owl, a tawny owl and sometimes roe deer early in the morning.
There is a drawing room for guests to use and English breakfast is offered in the courtyard conservatory. We offer a choice of cereals, muesli, fruit juices, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, prunes, yogurts. We also offer cumberland sausages, bacon, grilled tomatos, baked beans, fried and scrambled eggs. For evening meals We recommend the Greyhound Inn at Sydling St Nicholas 7 miles north of here as they have a fantastic freshly cooked menu and excellent meat and fish dishes. They are always popular so it is worth booking in advance on 01300 341303.
Courtyard Conservatory  
 
 

For enquiries or additional information please email caroline@theoldrectorybandb.co.uk or phone           +44 (0) 1305 889468.